It seems like just yesterday I was putting pen to paper (okay, fingers to keyboard) to plan and draft out my massive ambitions for 2016; however a quick look at the calendar tells me January has come and gone already… Where does the time go?
That means with the first 31 day chunk out of the way, I figure it’s time to suck it up and come clean with how I did – both good and bad – in month one of my goals.
Heck, this year I even gave my list a theme – “Don’t Mistake Movement For Achievement” with the idea being that a little bit of taunting might guilt me into staying on the path rather than straying off into the land of sloth and procrastination.
Did this ruse work? I’m not totally sure… So I guess we’d best find out, right?
So here are the goals that were applicable for January completion, or at least accountability, with a quick “follow up” blurb after so you know how I did. Wish me luck!
- DRINK one litre of water per day: So far, so good! I’m a hydrated MACHINE; however, I’m also a machine that pees a lot…
- WRITE a minimum of ½ hour per day, 5 days per week: I’ve slipped a bit here, averaging 4 days per week but for longer times – so it all works out in the end
- READ for a minimum of ½ hour per day, 5 days per week: Doing really well at this; FOUR books down, on number five now. It’s actually awesome to be reading again; I missed it
- GO TO THE GYM a minimum of 4 days per week: Killing this! Averaging SIX days per week. The only downside? I now know what the crack of my ass looks like in saggy jeans =(
- Do one WILD ROSE CLEANSE in January: Completed, and still did not learn to love “clean” food… In fact I gloriously devoured two slices of pizza on Day 13 with NO REGRETS~!
- NO ALCOHOL for the entire month of January: After 22 days I had a couple of beers, and then a couple more… Here’s why… All things considered, I can live with a 70.96774% success rate…
- Keep my weight at 205 lbs. or less: YES! All that going to the gym is certainly helping out with this, and is awesome motivation to keep going regularly. Down 2 sizes in my waist!
- FINISH W.T.F. and put on at least TWO classes – June & Sept: In the planning stages, but to be honest, this whole idea is still freaking me out and I need some mentors
- Write up, design and print a personal MANIFESTO – by February: Shit – I forgot! I better on this~!
- Seek out 5 SPEECHES or training sessions paid and/or unpaid: Have booked three (unpaid) speeches so far, and am rocking a seriously major stage in May. Very pleased…
- CREATE & EXECUTE one day Inspiring Event: Also in the planning stages; also freaking me out, and also requires mentorship! (Clue: Maybe go find mentors as a goal?)
Personal Development Goals:
- LIMIT Facebook to 15 minutes per day: Doing pretty well at this; however my general loathing of Facebook doesn’t hurt my efforts at this task
- Connect with nature at least once EACH WEEK: I’m doing okay; shitty January weather has made this tough at times. I promise to get to the beach first sunny day… in June. FAIL!
- Buy a digital camera; take a PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE: I bought the camera, and did enough of the course to know what I’m doing. I’m calling this a win!
- CONNECT with one new person each week: I’m doing this, but not as strategically as I should. A good reminder!
- EXPLORE becoming a coach as a work option: February is the month for this; still not sure how this will fit into the master plan but I think it would be a good skill to have
- Complete Productivity Program with Mike: I did, and wrote about it here. I recommend everyone who is trying to achieve a lot get on a productivity program
- SUPPORT Paula’s move as much as possible: I am doing the best I can; and in case you aren’t in the loop, read here. I am committed to making this a smooth transition as possible
- Put Tristan’s NEEDS first; support him fully and completely in every way: I’m working hard to be more patient with his quirks and idiosyncrasies; again, it’s a work in progress
- Create one SPECIAL EVENT/MEMORY each week Tristan is home: We’ve seen a lot of movies, and had good dinners with friends; so yes, this is a win. I’m still struggling at this, but will forge on each week he’s home with me
- SAVE all of “Money Magnet” for the year: January’s take was $95 dollars! Woo hoo! I wish I could do this every month~!
- EARN $100,000 in income: I may have to re-think this goal; maybe earn $100.00 is more realistic?! Seriously, it’s too early in my “business model” to see what revenues/income should look like, or how much I can pull in. Yet another “Work in Progress”…
- Travel to Ecuador: Booked and going May 11 – 30th and can’t frickin’ wait! I need to “Get out of Dodge” to get a sense of myself again, and the jungle seems like a perfect place to do this
- WDS: Have tickets and hostel booked already!
So there you have it: A complete rundown of how my 2016 goals are coming along; and looking at the list I’d say I’m doing okay, considering the massive upheaval in my life. I’m most proud of all the reading I’ve done, and the time spent at the gym – Who knows, if I keep this up I just might become smart AND good looking! “Somebody STOP me!”
How about you? how are you doing with your 2016 goals? Are you pleased with your progress? Are you on track, or like me have you also stumbled a bit? If so, don’t worry; the main thing is to KEEP MOVING FORWARD, regardless of whatever it is you – or me – are working on for 2016. It’s continuous forward movement that will eventually get us to where we need to go, so keep at it.
Either way – good or not-so-good – I’d love to hear how it’s going, so please feel free to drop me a line and let me know how it’s going. Better yet, if I can help you in anyway, please how I can support you! Either way, let’s both get out and kick some SERIOUS ass this year, okay? Awesome~!
So that’s all for now – Oh, and by the way… Have an incredible weekend and achieve a bunch of cool stuff!