We all know that good things come in small packages; it’s equally as true that small gestures of kindness can go a long way to warming a persons heart and soul. Keeping this simple bit of logic in mind, here are 11 random acts of kindness that anyone can perform for the sole (soul) purpose of brightening somebody else’s day. Because seriously, what’s better than purposely making someone happy? Oh I know – that warm and fuzzy feeling we get when they smile back at us in appreciation.
Why not pick out two or three of these simple acts and then go and make someones day a little brighter? Trust me when I say, you’ll be glad you did.
Elven Simple (Yet Effective) Random Acts of Kindness
- Enjoy nature with someone you love by taking a nice barefoot walk together
- Buy a single rose (or small bouquet of flowers) and surprise a friend
- Deliver a balloon to a child, then tell them how special they are
- Have family dinner around the table, and ask everyone to talk about their day
- Tuck hand-written notes in peoples lunch bags for a lunchtime treat
- Offer to help a friend or co-worker with a project they are working on
- Hold a door open for someone, and smile and acknowledge them as they pass
- Offer to do a household chore to give someone a well-deserved break
- Genuinely smile at at least five people (or more!) you normal wouldn’t
- Give out some big hugs to all your friends!
- Tell the people most important to you just how much you love them… and then tell them why.