It’s Friday! Woo Hoo! That means a couple of days of sleeping in after nights of eating and drinking and socializing with family and friends… I LOVE THE WEEKENDS~!
In honour of Friday (& Saturday) Night, here’s a wicked little appy that anyone can whip up in a few minutes, present to their guests, then sit back and soak up the compliments of what an awesome chef they are; best of all, it’s easy and cheap to prepare, so give it a go over the weekend and dazzle the world with your culinary prowess…! Sound good? Then let’s get going with our…
Roasted Garlic with Parmesan Wheels
- 6 full bulbs of garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Loaf French Baguette
- A Handful of Shredded Parmesan (and please, not the powdered crap)
Garlic: Clean off most of the outside skin, but leave the bulb itself covered in at least one layer, so it holds together. Using a serrated knife, cut the top off to expose the flesh (see pic above)
– Brush the whole thing lightly in EVOO, then sprinkle a tiny pinch of salt and pepper on them
– Put in the oven (350 degrees) for 35 – 40 mins
– Volia! They are done! Serve to your guests, who can “squeeze” the sweet warm fleshy part of the garlic onto their bread, and spread it with a knife. So good! And speaking of bread…
Parmesan Wheels (Coins? Slices?) Again, whipping up the bread is easy, peasy; just slice your baguette into 1/2″ slices and lay on a baking tray
– Brush with EVOO, and sprinkle (not cover, sprinkle) with parmesan cheese
– Pop in the oven ON BROIL for a few minutes until golden brown (see pic above)
– Lightly sprinkle some Italian herbs and you are good to go!
Put them all together on a nice platter, and serve up to your unsuspecting guests! That’s it~! Once you are done, grab a glass of wine, sit back and watch as they squeeze the warm bulbs onto the bread, spread it like “buttah”, and squeal with delight at what an amazing chef you are. Repeat until (a) you are drunk with compliments, or (b) you are just drunk – either way, it’s a great way to spend Friday (or Saturday) night! Have fun!
Readers: Do you have any favourite / quick appetizer ideas you can share to help make our Fridays taste even better? Please let us know in the comments below; and HAPPY WEEKEND!